Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wacky Wal-Mart.......

Kali 3.9, Giselle 0.10 and I headed off to pick up a marine battery at Wal-Mart tonight. Kali had just purchased a witch costume today, so of course, she wanted to wear it to Wal-Mart. I decided to choose my battles wisely and let her do so.

We walked in and immediately, Kali was the center of attention. The greeter greeted her as Samantha the Good Witch. Giselle began to clap for Kali and her newfound celebrity status.

As we went through the store, Kali started to 'want' some things. I made it clear we were only here for a 'daddy thing' and then we were leaving. When that didn't suffice, I immediately went to an alternate plan. I informed Kali that real witches were not allowed in Wal-Mart after 8:00 PM. She asked if that's why she was the only real witch in the store. I informed her that we had three minutes until we had to be out of the store. We literally ran from the rear of the store. Kali was relieved when we made it out of the store one minute before it was time to get out.

Creative parenting is a beautiful thing.