Monday, February 01, 2010

Computer geek 2.11.........

Kali 2.11 has a Sesame Street game on the computer that she likes to play. She has Mrs. Lime or I start it up for her and help her out with doing the different activities.

Last night, Mrs. Lime and I were sitting on the couch watching TV when we suddenly heard the familiar music from the Sesame Street game. We both quickly realized that neither of us had started up the game for her. She was sitting over in front of Mrs. Lime's computer grinning from ear to ear at us.

Kali had:

-Opened up the computer
-Turned it on
-Moved the mouse pointer over the Sesame Street icon
-Double clicked on the icon to start the game

Mrs. Lime told Kali that she was so proud of her for starting up the game all by herself. Kali simply smiled and said, "I'm smart!".

I'm not sure whether to be proud or frightened at this point. I'm thrilled to have a smart child, but.............