Tuesday, July 20, 2010

We have mobility!

Been really busy the past week with the winery and a brief vacation to the Lake of the Ozarks, but we're finally back.

I see trouble in my future. I sat down Giselle 0.7 on her play mat on the floor this evening. I went into the kitchen for maybe two minutes at the most to help Kali 3.5 get a snack. When we returned to the living room, I found Giselle and Tinkerbell 1.9 nose to nose. Only one problem........Tinkerbell hadn't moved since we went into the kitchen, but Giselle had somehow moved eight feet across the floor!

Determined to figure out the cause of this eight foot movement, I placed Giselle back on the play mat and sat back to watch what happens. Over the next three minutes, I saw Giselle scoot and roll over the same eight feet to Tinkerbell to play with her paw. Tinkerbell was very well behaved other than the occasional big wet kiss that a Saint Bernard can hand out.

End result is that my daughter can now move. Time to put up the baby gate on the stairs!