Thursday, April 01, 2010

10 years and counting........

On April 1st, 2000, we were married. Today is our 10th anniversary.

Some people openly wonder how time has passed so fast. I don't feel that way. I guess I don't really think about it all that much. Only reason I know that time has passed is that my hair follicle count has been drastically reduced since our wedding and I've got two rugrats keeping me busy. Other than that, it all seems the same.

I suppose I've mellowed a bit. Sports mean less and kids mean more. I've learned to adjust to situations even if I believe it's not the way I would have done something. Friendships have been added while some remain the same. But one thing that is constant is my wife. She's supporting, encouraging, and caring. My daughters and I need all of that.

I rolled over to wish my wife a happy anniversary this morning at 2:53 AM. That's when she came to bed after getting done with work. That's the odd world our marriage exists in. But we make it work and I think we make it work pretty well.

Who knows what our life will look like in another 10 years? I'm in no hurry. I'm sure it will all go just fine.