Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The management ranks increase by one.........

Over the past couple of weeks, one of the toilets in the house had an issue with a leaky valve, which was allowing water to slowly come out of the water tank. As a result, the toilet would briefly fill every few hours. I knew what I needed to do to fix it, but never really got around to it.

Kali 3.2 would get scared initially when the water noise would occur. She'd freak out until I informed her that it was only the toilet. One day when it happened, I also added in the fact that 'Daddy needs to fix that'. Bad idea.

Over the past 4-5 days, every time the toilet would turn on, Kali would look at me and sternly say, 'You need to fix that!'. I was being lectured by my three year old two to three times a night on the subject.

Finally got the valve fixed last night. No more periodic flushing sounds. Hopefully that puts an end to the lectures.