Friday, February 15, 2008

Dad of a perfect child...........

Parenting is a confusing thing.

I've got a daughter that just turned one year old. She's healthy. She's very smart. She already shows a great love of music (which warms the heart of this former choir geek). She's strong. She's very tough (I've never seen a baby handle sickness/injury so well). She always behaves when we're in public places.

Yet I have this limited sense of guilt about the whole situation. It's not something that burdens me by any means, but I feel extremely lucky to have such a wonderful baby and wonder why I was so lucky while others lose babies during pregnancy or have babies with health issues. I think that everyone loves their child just as much as I do. I guess I should just be thankful for what I have and let everything else take care of itself. I'm an extremely fortunate person. I hope that everyone else is fortunate enough to feel the same way.