Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm so dizzy, my head is spinnin'.................

As regular readers have noticed, Kali 1.9 is a big fan of 'Dancing with the Stars'. As soon as that theme music starts, Kali is focused on only one thing.......dancing! As soon as the music starts for a dance, she'll head over to the nearest person looking for a dance partner.

When Kali first started dancing, she was mostly just running around aimlessly. After awhile, she moved to spinning in circles to the point where she now knows what 'dizzy' means. Of late, she's added in some hip action to spice up her dance routine.

Last night, I noticed that the results show was going to be on at 7:00 PM, so I turned it to the proper channel. Little did I know that there was a recap show preceeding the results show. The recap show had nothing but dances for an hour. Kali didn't know it was the same dances she watched the night before, so all was good.

I was dragged to my feet almost immediately as the first dance began. We did the whole dance and applauded the dancers when finished. Since this was a recap show, I only had a moment of rest before I was being dragged back to my feet for a second dance. Once we finished the second dance, we clapped again and then I sat down. The show went to a commercial. That creates a problem.

We're a DVR family who ususally doesn't watch shows live. That includes Kali, who normally watches 'Dancing with the Stars' without commercials. So when the commercials hit, Kali ran over and vented on me. She yelled 'Dancing! Dancing!' and pointed to the TV. She assumed that since 'Dancing' wasn't on, that I must have changed the channel. I needed to save the situation quickly. So I did what any father in that situation would do. I hit the rewind button and played the first set of dances again. This achieved two things.......

1. Dancing was back on and Kali was happy.
2. By rewinding the show back a bit, I would be able to fast forward through all future commercial breaks.

We did 'Dancing' for the next hour non-stop. I have no idea how that girl remained standing through all that spinning. She's obviously going to be the one to ride the Tilt-A-Whirl (or any other spinning ride) with Mrs. Lime when we go to amusement parks. Regardless, the night was saved and there was much rejoicing. I'm already saving up for the dance class bills when she gets a bit older.