Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Taking in some high school basketball.......

Kali 1.10 and I went to the local high school basketball tournament over the holidays. I went to see one of the local prospects, Michael Dixon, who play in one of the games. He's Mizzou's star recruit for next year, so I wanted to get an advance look at his abilities. After watching him, I'm really excited for him to get to campus. Great player who is quick and can run the break well.

Kali obviously did not care what we were there for. She was interested in all the action. Over the course of the evening, she.........

-flirted with two high school basketball players sitting nearby by showing them her painted fingernails.

-grinned at a nearby grandma who was talking with her.

-ate a whole bag of cheese crackers, refusing to share any with her hungry daddy.

-took off her shoes to get comfortable in the bleachers.

I took the following photos of her to demonstrate her independence. She took off her shoes and set them next to her. She then moved down to the row of seats in front of me, refusing to sit on the same row next to her daddy. I fear this is only the beginning of the rebellion to come.........

From Month 22


From Month 22


From Month 22


Note in this picture that her right foot is raising up. She was tapping her feat and swaying back and forth to the halftime music.........

From Month 22