Monday, October 05, 2009

Yet another milestone..........

I'm officially 35 years old as of today. Most people lie about their age until they get really old and suddenly decide it's a badge of honor. Not me. I consider it a badge of honor that I even made it to 35.

This time of the year does get me excited about what's to come......

-Royals finish last in their division again. Thank God that's over.
-Chiefs have now lost 27 of their last 29 games, which is the worst stretch of losing in NFL history.

On the positive side......

-Mizzou football is off to a 4-0 start with a relatively young team. Next few years should be fun.
-Mizzou basketball starts practice in 1 1/2 weeks. Mizzou has a great coach and a good group of kids who make it very easy to root for them. Should be a lot of fun to see the younger players develop this year.
-It's getting cooler outside. Mrs. Lime doesn't like it, but Kali and I dig it.
-By my 36th birthday, I expect to have two daughters in my midst. I'm likely to need divine intervention.

Never a dull moment. I don't even have time to think about being old.