Friday, January 15, 2010

Wisdom of a 2 year old......

Kali 2.11 and I had a dinner conversation this evening with profound observations......

Me: So, did you have fun with Mommy today?

Kali: Yes.

Me: What did you all do? Did you go somewhere?

Kali: We went to the cookie store to get cookies for Mommy!

Me: You got cookies for Mommy?

Kali: Yes, and I got M&M cookies.

Me: Oh, I see.

Kali: I've got a pink shirt and you've got an orange shirt!

Me: That's right.

Kali: I'm not sick anymore.

Me: That's right. We were sick, but we aren't anymore.

Kali: We got everyone else sick!

Me: You mean YOU got everyone else sick.

Kali: No, we got everyone else sick.

Me: OK.

Kali: But the doctors made everyone better.

Me: That's right. Do we know any doctors?

Kali: Mmmmmmm, Papa!

Me: Yep, Papa is a doctor. Anyone else? Is Mommy a doctor?

Kali: No.

Me: Yes she is! She makes everyone better.

Kali: (laughing) She gave you a shot!

Me: That's right. She gave me a flu shot, didn't she.

Kali: Mmmmmm hmmmmmm. (Pause) Giselle is crying!

Me: Yep, she's a little grumpy.

Kali: I think she's hungry.

Me: I just fed her, so I think she might be a bit grumpy.

Kali: She likes milk.

Me: I think she's watching you to learn how to eat.

Kali: Mommy makes a lot of milk for Giselle in her booby.

Me: She does like a lot of milk.