Sunday, January 08, 2006

Casanova goes AWOL

Casanova is our dog for those of you who don't know. He's had two other dogs in the house this weekend. At some point each night, we always have Nova come up to the bedroom to go to bed. Tonight, Mrs. Lime brought up Nova when she came upstairs since I was already upstairs. I was working on the computer in the office. Nova walked into the bedroom like he always does and laid down next to the bed.

I finished up on the computer while Mrs. Lime was still brushing her teeth. I got up from the desk and walked into the bedroom. Checked one side of the bed......no Nova. Checked the other side of the bed.......no Nova. Asked Mrs. Lime if Nova came up with her. She says yes and asks if he's still up here. I told her he was nowhere to be found. Evidently, Nova has decided that more play time with the other dogs is in order. I offered to go down and get him. She says, "No, I want to see the look on his face when I find him."

A few minutes later, I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and Mrs. Lime saying, "See, if you hadn't gone back downstairs, you wouldn't have to climb all these stairs all over again. That'll teach you."

Mrs. Lime reports back that upon seeing Nova, he knew immediately what was up and put down his head and started up the stairs to go to bed...............again.