Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Well that interview went ridiculously well.....

Just finished up with the interview that I previously posted was to occur. Shockingly, it went off without a hitch. The interviewer briefly discussed the position and what I'd be doing in the job. He then went over my work history and what I did in my previous job positions. Surprisingly, the system setup that they have there is similar to what I worked with at my old job in KC. So that experience seemed to be a benefit.

After the run-through of my work history, he moved on to asking the dreaded technical questions. Shockingly, it also went off without a hitch. I answered every single question correctly without any problem. As most tech workers will tell you, that hardly ever happens. They usually throw in an extremely hard one just to keep you honest.

I spoke with my contracting company after the interview and he said that they had submitted 5 resumes to be considered for the position. Out of those 5 people, I was the only one selected to do an interview. So that means one of two things: either I'm really good or I'm really old. I'm going to go with 'really good' because the alternative is simply unacceptable.