Friday, June 02, 2006

Last day in Baltimore.........

I'll be doing the final packing, heading out to dinner with my wife and then picking up my dad to assist on the move home. We'll be leaving early in the morning to make the 17 1/2 hour trip back to KC on Saturday. On Sunday, we'll unload the truck and I'll start the process of settling into the apartment. Cable, internet and digital phones will be installed mid-week. I won't be making another blog entry until then because I won't have internet access. I've already made lots of plans to hang out with some of my friends and also have a couple of interviews coming up, so my first couple of weeks will be very busy.

We had a super-nasty storm roll through Baltimore last night. Lightning that sounded like it was dropping on your head. Buckets of rain. Water was running 3-5 inches deep on the roadway. Mrs. Lime and I went to grab something to eat and go to the store right before the rain started. After we ate, I ran out to get the car. By the time I got to the car which was maybe 100 feet from the door, I was absolutely soaked. In a little over an hour, 2 1/2 inches of rain came down. That's a storm, baby!

Wish me well on the trek back to KC. My one good break is that I somehow lucked into getting a U-Haul truck that has only 400 miles on it. The thing even has a very strong 'new car' smell to it. Usually, you're worried that a wheel is going to fall off the truck on the trip or the engine will spring a leak. No chance of that here. Brand spankin' new truck. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean it gets any better gas mileage than any other 26 foot truck, but we can't have everything now, can we?