Monday, July 17, 2006

Interesting first day of work.......

Just when you think that there's nothing amusing to blog about, a new day and a new job comes along to reward you for your patience.

I went in to my first day at the new job today. Everyone was very helpful. I initially showed up and got a visitor's pass to get up to meet the new co-workers. When I went up, one of my co-workers mentioned that they weren't sure which cube I was going to move into and whether I would have a computer to use. Since I hadn't got my security badge yet, they told me to go down to the security area to get my badge and then hopefully they would have something set up by the time I got back.

After getting everything squared away in Security, I headed back up to where my new group was located. One of the ladies came up to me and said that they had a cube that I could use. She informed me that they had just found out that a worker in a cube adjacent to hers died on Friday night shortly after she had left work of a heat-related heart attack. There were people cleaning out the cube and it should be ready for me after lunch.

Lucky me! I'm now the proud owner of a cube that was occupied on Friday by a lady who is now dead! I'm hoping that this is some sort of good luck thing for me, because the alternative is something I'd prefer not to think about.