Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Noisy night.......

If it's not one thing, it's another.

Last night, I went to bed around midnight. I went to sleep pretty quickly from what I could tell (not sure how you can ever tell exactly how quickly you're going to sleep when you're the one doing it). At 12:42 AM, someone decided to set off what sounded like dynamite right outside my apartment building. I know the time because I sat bolt upright in bed and looked at the clock. If I wasn't more interested in sleeping, I would have gone out and beaten those people until they got the point that 12:42 AM is not the best of times to be setting off fireworks.

At some point, I ended up going back to sleep. At 5:01 AM, Mother Nature decided that tonight would not be a restful night. BOOM! I think the lightning bolt hit right next to the apartment. Insanely loud. For a moment, I was cursing the dang people that were setting off the fireworks until I realized that it was actually thunder and not fireworks this time. The rain is actually a blessing in this case with today being July 4th. Always nice to have a good soaking rain to make sure there's not a lot of fires from fireworks.