Friday, July 18, 2008

What are you saying?!?!?!

I was busy playing with Kali 1.5 the other night. She was doing her usual routine of bringing over books to read, coloring in her coloring book, playing music on her baby piano, etc. I was sitting in the couch with my arm hanging over the armrest on my left.

After running around for awhile, Kali 1.5 disappeared behind the armrest on the coach. After a minute or so, she yelled, "BI BI!!"

Now, 'bi bi' can mean a lot of different things. It could mean belly button and it could mean binky. I told her without actually looking at her that she couldn't have her binky. After 15 seconds, I heard her again........"BI BI!!".

I leaned up to where I could see her and told her once again that she couldn't have her binky. She looked back at my hand which had been hanging in front of her the whole time. She pointed at my hand and said, "BI BI!!".

Confused, I looked at my hand. I then remembered that I had a blister on my hand from yard work and had put a 'Sesame Street' Band-Aid on my blister. On the Band-Aid was a picture of...........Big Bird!

"Yes, honey, Big Bird!", I said.

She smiled and walked off to grab another book, happily knowing that Daddy had noticed that she recognized Big Bird.