Monday, April 27, 2009

Encore! I said ENCORE!

When I put Kali 2.2 to bed, the routine usually involves going up for a diaper change. Following that we pick out some pajamas for her to wear. Sometimes that's easy, sometimes it takes some browsing to find the right one.

Then she heads over to her bed to go to sleep. There's a certain order that she has to have each of her blankets laid on her. The first one has to cover her toes or she gets upset. The second one goes on top of that one and finally, the Tinkerbell blanket goes on top of that one. Once the blanket order has been completed, it's time for the songs.

I usually let her pick out two songs for me to sing to her. Her usual choices are the Dora theme song, followed by The Itsy Bitsy Spider. She usually participates in the second one with the usual hand gestures. After I finish up those songs, I give her a kiss and head out the door.

Only one problem tonight. She evidently wasn't ready to go to sleep quite yet. After I get back to the bedroom, I hear her saying 'Itsy Bitsy Spider Again!'. She was relentless, so I went back to sing it again. After that I left the room and headed back to the bedroom. Same thing again. So I head back for another go-round.

Long story short, we had 4 encores of 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' tonight for a grand total of 5 performances of the hit toddler classic. Hopefully, future nights will not require this many encores. I have a sore throat and could use the rest.