Friday, April 03, 2009

They call me the Wanderer.........

Kali 2.1 has been pretty amped up over the past couple of days. Her Aunt Shell is in town and staying with us for a few days.

Last night, she was still wired when I put her to bed around 8:45 PM. I went back downstairs and thought I heard a door open upstairs. I peeked around and didn't see Kali. A couple of minutes later, I heard a door close and heard some giggling. A 2 year old was loose.

I went up and found Kali in the hallway. I knew right away that this was a battle I couldn't lose. I put her back in her bed and headed back out of the room. I stood at the end of the hallway.

Click. Out came a 2 year old child. I picked her up and put her back in bed.

Click. Out came a 2 year old child. I picked her up and put her back in bed.

Click. This time, a child did not emerge, but she did decide to stand inside her doorway and have a fake cry to see what attention she could garner. She knows that Mommy will sometimes bite, while Daddy rarely pays any attention to it. After a minute or so, I went in and put her back into bed.

Click. Fake crying resumes. I decided to call her bluff this time. She faked it for 5 minutes. Twice during that time, I heard her stop crying and move towards the door. She was looking and listening downstairs, wondering why no one was showing up. At the end of the 5 minutes, I went back in and laid her down and explained to her that everyone was asleep and that it was time to go nigh-night.

Left the room and didn't hear another peep. Mission accomplished. Thankfully, I won.