Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What time is it?

You just can't make this stuff up. The delivery company let me know last night that our swing set would be delivered between 11:00-2:00 PM today. About 10 minutes ago, I got the following call..........

Delivery Man: Hi, this is Bill. We're at your house to deliver the swing set.

Lime: The person who called me yesterday gave me a delivery time of 11:00-2:00 PM.

Delivery Man: Well, it's 10:30, going on 11:00.

Lime: My wife isn't there right now, though she should be there between 10:45-11:00 PM. Feel free to start unloading it in the backyard. That way you can have it done by the time my wife gets there.

Delivery Man: OK. We'll do.

So, in summary, if a guy shows up 1/2 hour early for an appointment, it's OK to imply that they're on time if you can tie in that the next half-hour would put them there on time. At least that's what I think he meant with his "it's 10:30, going on 11:00" comment. I should use this tactic at Target..........

Lime: (arriving 1/2 hour early before opening pounding on door) Excuse me, I'm here to buy blueberries for my ravenous daughter!

Target employee: I'm sorry sir. We don't open until 8:00 AM.

Lime: (looking at watch) Well, it's 7:30 AM, going on 8:00 AM. So you should be open at this point.