Thursday, June 11, 2009

I'm a glutton for punishment.......

I'm an extremely loyal fan to my sports teams. As a result, I'm a lifelong fan of the Royals. I remember when they won the World Series in 1985. I remember how good their teams were in my youth. But somewhere around when I started high school, the wheels fell off.

The Royals started so well this year. They were 6-7 games over .500 and looked like their pitching was coming around. In the last 6 weeks, they're 14 games under .500 and sit in the cellar of their division.

Being the sucker that I am, I decided to turn on the game last night and watch Zack Greinke pitch. He pitched extremely well and left the game with a 3-1 lead. 10 minutes and two errors later, the game was tied. Eventually they lost the game in extra innings.

I'll be a Royals fan for the rest of my life, but man, these are tough times.