Thursday, June 04, 2009

Random conversations.........

I've been warned by other parents that little girls can be pretty odd when you chat with them. You could be talking about one topic and they'll switch on the fly to something that's totally unrelated. Take last night when I got home from work......

Me: Hi, Kali!

Kali: (Smiles) Daddy!

Me: So what did you do today?

Kali: Joey!

Me: You went and played with Joey?

Kali: Mmmmm-hmmmmm.

Me: What did you guys do?

Kali: Rocco! (That's Joey's brother)

Me: You played with Rocco too?

Kali: Mmmmm-hmmmmm.

Me: Where did
you go?

Kali: I need apple juice.

Me: Did you go play somewhere?

Kali: My chicken piece is hot.

Me: Did you go to Worlds of Fun?

Kali: Mmmmm-hmmmmm.

Me: What did you do there?

Kali: (pauses) I need mustard for my chicken.


At that point, all was lost. Food was the topic and the day's events were an afterthought.