Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ariel's sisters...........

One of my friends is a choral director at a local high school where we both went to school. We all went over to the school last night to see the holiday concert.

Kali 2.10 did very well overall. It was a pretty long concert, but she watched most of the performance. She did mention during dinner that she thought she was going to see "Ariel's sisters". It was a reference to the Little Mermaid movie where the sisters are all singing at a concert at the start of the movie. After a couple of choirs, Kali leaned over and asked where Ariel's sisters were. I told them that they were coming soon. Just then, the next choir hit the stage. It was a female choir who were all wearing purple dresses. Kali leaned over to me........

Kali: Look Daddy! It's Ariel's sisters! They're wearing purple dresses!

Me: That's right! They all have legs so they can go see Prince Erik!

Kali: Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh! (giggle)

After that choir finished up, there was another choir or two in robes. Then, the next choir was a group of boys and girls in black outfits. The boys were in suits and the women were in black dresses. I got a tap on my right shoulder.

Kali: Daddy! Daddy! It's Ariel's sisters again! They went and changed dresses!

Me: Yep, they must have gone back and switched from their purple dresses to their black ones for these songs. Daddy's very impressed that you noticed that.

Kali: (giggle)


At the end of the concert, my friend invited alumni choir members to come up and sing the Hallelujah Chorus with the combined choirs. I went up and ran into my old choir director who is now working at a different school in the district. I can only imagine what Kali was saying about me while I was on the stage singing. Probably made some mention to Mrs. Lime that Daddy was singing with Ariel's sisters.