Monday, December 07, 2009

December 7th......

It's easy to forget that today is December 7th. Pearl Harbor Day. I'm not sure I paid nearly as much attention to the relevance of the date until I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to visit Pearl Harbor with my wife and her family. Once you're there, the location brings home exactly what happened, the size and scope of the attacks, and how many lives were lost. It's pretty surreal stuff.

I have a poster that was signed by all the American and Japanese servicemen that attended the 60th anniversary of the attack. It's pretty neat to see many of the names that are mentioned in the documentaries on the signed poster that I have in my home. It's an attachment to the event that someone rarely gets to have, especially with the event occurring so long ago. I'm so glad I have it.