Thursday, February 16, 2006

Don't eat yellow snow.......

It's about time. We've got some warmer temperatures to melt the 12 inches of snow we received last weekend. A lot of the snow, except for some of the larger piles on the sides of the roads and parking lots, should be melted by the end of the day. Actually, I'm quite glad that the melt is finally happening. When you have two very large dogs, a lot of yellow snow begins to appear after a few days. The snow no longer is pretty at that point.

It's become quite evident that my dog prefers snow. Every time we take him out for 'potty' breaks, he does his business and then immediately looks for the closest pile of snow to lay down. It appears as though it's his own quiet protest that it's too damn hot in the house for his own tastes. It appears that the ladies in the house will not be dropping the thermostat any time soon to appease his requests. I tend to agree with him, but I don't have much more say in the matter than he does.

Spring must be approaching. Soon, the Johns Hopkins Bluejays will begin the defense of their 2005 NCAA national championship. The stadium is a 5 minute walk from the house, so I will be attending all the games that I can. It will be my first taste of live lacrosse. From what I've heard, it's a really fun sport to watch in person. I'm sure I will be blogging some about my experiences with lacrosse. Should be interesting to learn a sport that's basically new to me. I know they use a ball, sticks with a basket and a goal. I also know that it's a very rough sport. Outside of that, I'll have to learn everything else. I'm ready and willing.