Saturday, February 04, 2006

Should be some good stuff in the coming days.....

I went up to Atlantic City today and put in a 10 hour poker session. I honestly never go to play poker strictly for money. I go for the entertainment and the social aspect that live poker offers.

One thing I never realized today is how many nutty things happen in a poker session. The strange thing is that after you've gone through a few poker sessions, you quickly realize just how crazy (and fun) a poker room can be. Over the coming days, I'll be blogging some of the stuff that happened today. Simply unbelievable that this many crazy things can happen in one poker session. It's the main reason that I keep going to the poker room.

For the day, I was down a total of $30 over 10 hours of play. Honestly a good entertainment value. I would have spent more than that elsewhere anyway if I did something in Baltimore. But the experiences I get in a poker room are worth every minute. To hold you over while I get some of the stories typed in, here's some pictures of the recently renovated Tropicana Resort where I go to play poker. It has a Cuban feel to it. The pictures are in the shopping area. The final 'tree' is made entirely of live flowers, much like you see when churches put together poinsetta trees around Christmas by putting multiple plants on a platform shaped like a Christmas tree.