Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Inspection day.......

Today we finally get to see just how many ridiculously small things are wrong with the new house we are purchasing. The inspector's going through the house to check for every single little thing that is wrong with the house. I'm intrigued to see what the final results are when we're all finished. It's a new house, so you obviously assume that there will be less problems than a 'used' home, but you never know. I suppose that's why I'm getting it inspected.

The inspector that I asked to do the inspection was said to be a detail-oriented person by my buyer's agent. The exact word he used was 'anal'. I'm thinking that's exactly what I want from my inspector. He's even going to do a infrared scan of the stucco on the exterior of the house to check for any imperfections. Who knew that this kind of stuff was available? It's quite obvious that every field of work has its own set of cool tech toys.

My guess is that the inspector usually has to go in some pretty nasty places to do his work. Dark basements, dirty crawl spaces, bad wiring, etc. He's going to be awfully glad to see a home that is new and relatively 'ick'-free.