Friday, June 15, 2007

Summer: Too hot.........

There's nothing worse than the 2 hot months in the middle of summer. I'm just glad that I live in Kansas City, where the summer comes in and fades relatively quickly. The only redeeming part of the summer is that my wife actually allows me to keep the house cool. Outside of that, there's not much to like.

Baseball? Normally it would be a good part of summer, but considering the Royals haven't been in playoff contention during the summer in quite awhile, I don't get too excited about it.

Swimming? I have asthma and have a rough time holding my breath for too terribly long. Not all that exciting to me.

Golf? Maybe, but I prefer the cooler days during the spring and fall. I like to wear a jacket while playing golf.

Walks outside? My dog with a heavy fur coat agrees that the summer is not a good time for walks.

Convertible rides? Maybe, though the seats can get hot if it's 90+ degrees.

I think you can officially call me the 'Summer Grinch'.

Heat = bad
Cool = good

If global warming causes an increase in the length of summer in Kansas City, I'm going to hold Al Gore personally responsible.