Monday, October 22, 2007

The jail cell in our bedroom.........

I woke up at around 3:00 AM last night. I heard a scratching noise on the floor. That's not all that unusual as Nova 7.7 often scratches on the floor when he stretches or adjusts his body during the night. I closed my eyes to go back to sleep when I heard it again.........more scratching noises.

It sounded like it was coming from both sides of the bed. I peeked over the edge of the bed and didn't see anything. I laid back down. More scratching noises. I peeked over a bit further and found the problem. Nova's head was sticking out from under the bed and the rest of his body was stuck beneath it. Something like this had happened before. What happens is that he can fit under the bed when he's laying on his side, but when he flips onto his tummy, he can't get out. He sleeps on his side and likely scooted under the bed while he was sleeping.

So I got out of bed to assist him. I flipped him on his side and dragged him out. He came out of the ordeal unscathed and laid back down to finish out a full night of sleep.