Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Where am I going?

So, as is so often the case, death of a friend or family member brings on the inevitable discussion of topics related to death. Mrs. Lime and I had one of those conversations after leaving the cemetery where my great-grandmother was buried......

Mrs. Lime: So, do you want to be buried or cremated?

Me: You know I want to be cremated. I'm not all that keen on getting stuffed and put on display.


Mrs. Lime: OK, so what do you want done with your ashes?

Me: I've already told you that as well.

Mrs. Lime: Yeah, you said you wanted your ashes spread around Mizzou Arena.

Me: No, that's not what I said. I said I wanted you to spill a sugar-filled drink under my seats at Mizzou Arena and then spread my ashes around in the spilled drink. That way, when the cleaning staff comes through, they won't be able to clean me up and throw me away. I'll be stuck to the floor forever.

Mrs. Lime: OK, so what do you want done with the rest of your ashes? I can't dump all of you under a seat.

Me: I don't know......you could put me in a locket for a necklace or something.

Mrs. Lime: Yeah, but I couldn't put all of you in that. It would have to be an awfully big locket.

Me: OK, so put my arm in a locket.

Mrs. Lime: I don't think that anything more than the end of your pinky would fit into a locket.

Me: Fair enough.

Mrs. Lime: OK, so where do I put the rest of you?

Me: I'm not sure.

So, I suppose I'm still stuck with half of me not knowing where it's going to end up. I'll have to keep thinking about. If anyone knows of any good places to stick my ashes, feel free to e-mail me and let me know. I'm looking for a good place to call my eternal home.