Monday, April 07, 2008

So I've been a bit busy...........

I haven't posted in 6 days, which has to be some kind of record for my blog. Even when I've been on vacation, I've generally posted from the vacation spot.

I took over my new management position last week. Spent some time with the VP getting things set up. We're still not completely transitioned over, but it's getting close. I'll start doing things like approving time cards and having a weekly meeting with the government manager on the project. If any openings become available, I'll have to fill those spots as well. I don't think it will be nearly as frantic as most management positions, but it's a good thing to have on the resume in case I ever want to move to another management spot in the future.

I've also been doing quite a bit of manual labor over the past couple of weeks to help out some friends. It's always good to get down and dirty every once in a while. I'm reminded of two things whenever I do a lot of hard manual work.........

1. You get a heavy dose of respect for those people who put their bodies through this kind of work on an every-day basis.

2. You become more thankful than ever before that you have a job that doesn't require you to beat up your body at that level.

I'm a bit sore, but I'll survive. I've lost a few pounds in the process, so it's not all bad.