Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Poker and counting........

We held our monthly poker game over the weekend. I managed to play much better this time, going out in a respectable 9th place out of 21 players. I got unlucky in a crucial moment or I would have done even better, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Kali 1.10 is increasingly interested in the poker chips and playing with them. When I brought out the chips to get ready for the poker game, Kali jumped right up and came over to the table. She wanted to play with the chips I was stacking, so I gave her 15-20 poker chips. She started laying out the chips in a very orderly fashion (she gets that from me) and began to count the chips. She's so into learning right now.

In the car last night as Kali and I were going home, she wanted to do the alphabet. So I'd say the first letter and she'd repeat it. This continued until 'D' at which point she skipped to 'F'. She knows some of the upcoming letters, but her timing is a bit off. Similarly, she wanted to count with me. We made it to '4' and then she suddenly skipped to '6'. I know that my mind tends to race ahead at times, which can lead to me thinking faster than I can actually voice something. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Kali has the same thing going on in her head.

Kali has also become a 'dirty' person of late. Everything is 'dirty'.

Binky falls on the floor? Dirty!
Dog chew marks on one of her toys? Dirty!
Food falls off her plate? Dirty!

It goes on and on. I'm not sure there's much left in the house that isn't dirty. It's replaced 'messy' as her favorite descriptive word.

On the favorite movie front, it appears that Kali has suddenly abandoned 'The Little Mermaid'. She now screams for "I Beas!". Kali-talk translated, that is 'Beauty and the Beast'. I'm personally glad she likes it, because I think it's easily one of Disney's best movies. The animation is great and the character development is believable (outside of the fact that most of the characters are household items rather than people). Great songs too. Hopefully she'll keep this one as her favorite for awhile because I enjoy watching it.