Friday, December 19, 2008

Where has my week gone?

Didn't get much blogging in this week. I feel like I've been busy all week, but I can't remember what I did. If nothing else, I have a 22 month old child and a 11 week old puppy to keep me scrambling.

Mrs. Lime and I went to a performance by the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra last night. Really good performance. Mrs. Lime said that performance along with the Yo-Yo Ma performance were the two best performances she had seen at the fine arts series over the past few years. It was a fun group who obviously enjoyed playing music together and wasn't shy about goofing around on stage while doing it. I told Mrs. Lime I'd go to New Orleans to see them perform again. We've got a couple free airline tickets, so maybe we'll do that.

We managed to dodge a bullet in regards to bad weather last night. There was a chance of some ice, but we ended up on the good side of the freezing line and it stayed warm enough to keep it from being too icy. However, that didn't help my back patio much. It was a sheet of ice when I took the dog out to do her business. Tinkerbell 0.2 looked like someone who was ice skating for the first time. Legs flying in all directions without much meaningful movement in any direction. I just kind of slid her off the patio and into the grass so she could have better traction.

Got home at 10:00 PM and Mrs. Lime noticed that the light in Kali 1.10's room was on. Sure enough, we got inside and the princess of the house was still up 2 hours past her bedtime. She had fussed a bit when she went to bed, so the babysitter kept her up. Mrs. Lime took care of the situation and put her to bed. Crisis averted.