Thursday, December 04, 2008

Reading books on the potty.........

Last night, I took Kali 1.9 up to her room to change her diaper. Kali said she wanted to sit on the potty chair, so I took off her diaper and she headed over there. Her potty chair is right next to the toilet and she patted on the toilet and told me to 'sit'. I obliged.

Kali sat there for a couple of minutes and then grabbed a square of toilet paper and tossed it in her potty chair. No potty in there. She reached for some more toilet paper and I told her that she couldn't have any more until she pottied. She sat back down and we read a book while she was on the potty chair.

After a few minutes, she stood up and reached for the toilet paper. I looked down and noticed she had pottied in the chair! Who knows what the correlation was, but it appeared that the motivation of getting more toilet paper did the job. Of course, praise was handed out. Kali was hugging and kissing me. She was pretty proud of herself.

After we put on her clothes, we went into the guest bedroom to play. Kali has a lot of toys back there and likes to sit on my lap and 'play' video games with Daddy. She likes to play around with the game controllers and loves to play the Rock Band drum set. Evidently, she couldn't get enough of the hugs and kisses from Daddy. She spent the next 40-45 minutes giving hugs and kisses to me. It was a love fest of epic proportions. It eventually became a game of seeing who could kiss the other person more. I think Kali won, but I gave it my best effort. I didn't let her win without a fight.