Thursday, March 04, 2010

Who's left?

We were sitting in the living room watching TV. There was:

Kali 3.0
Giselle 0.3
Mrs. Lime
Me
Grandma
Grandpa

At some point, Grandpa decided to head to bed. Kali enquired where he was going and we told her. She then said that "it was up to Grandma, Mommy, Daddy, Giselle and me".

Grandma then decided a bit later to go to bed as well. Kali said that "it was up to Mommy, Daddy, Giselle, and me". Mrs. Lime asked what it was 'up to us' to do, but Kali just repeated her previous statement.

I was a bit under the weather and decided I would head to bed. Kali said "it was up to Mommy, Giselle, and me now". I finally figured out that she had either seen on TV or heard us say that it was "down to" some number of people and she had mistakenly kept saying up. Mrs. Lime told her that we were actually down to Mommy, Giselle, and Kali. Kali agreed.

Translations are key with a three year old.