Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Why?

I saw that Corey Haim, a child actor who had no real health issues, died of a drug overdose this morning. While I don't have any real connection to him in particular, I find it totally baffling that someone who is given a wonderful gift of life decides to lead themselves down such a self-destructive path.

I'm sure that not everyone agrees with every facet of my life or my decision making. That'll never happen. With that said, I've always tried to do what's right and make good decisions, even when I fail to do so. So to see someone toss caution to the wind like Corey did just seems like such a waste.

I've already told Mrs. Lime before that I feel like my life is a success at this point and any good things that come to me from this point forward are just gravy on top. I have a wife that far exceeds my wildest expectations and two girls that allow me to remain grounded on what's most important. I wish that everyone could say that about themselves, but stories like Corey's illustrate that's not always the case.

Oh, and when I do kick the can in 50 years, someone needs to remind my family to play 'Time Of Your Life' by Greenday at my memorial service. It's now formally in writing so no one can forget. It's definitely not a normal song request for a memorial service, so best to mention it now.