Monday, December 17, 2007

Exciting weekend (for all the wrong reasons).......

Lots of excitement at the Lime house over the weekend. Kali 0.10 decided that she would get sick and spike a 103 degree fever. So we had a couple of visits to various hospital facilities to keep everything in order. Mrs. Lime mentioned a couple of times what a mess she was when it was her own daughter sick despite being a doctor. I suppose that's to be expected.

Kali 0.10 still has a snotty nose, but she's acting much more like herself now. Once the nasal problems run their course and clear up, she should be good as new with all new and improved immune defenses. This was our first major sickness for the baby. I'm hoping it will be awhile until we have a second one.

On a sidenote, we hosted the monthly poker tournament over the weekend. I ***shock*** actually won the thing. I was down quite a bit early on when I tried to bluff into a newer player who had a big stack (that never works and I should have known better). But I made a couple of good plays along with a couple of key folds (sometimes just as important) and managed to win the tournament. I seem to be playing well right now. Hopefully that continues.