Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Version upgrade: Kali 0.10 crawls like a ninja.........

Ah yes. Kali 0.10 is now officially 10 months old. Her crawling skills have improved over the past week. She has little to no interest in being held or sitting in laps. She has one goal: Go somewhere that she's not supposed to be going.

We have an area to walk through on either side of the couch separating our kitchen from our living room. In past weeks, when Kali headed for the kitchen through one of those spaces, I had plenty of time to walk over and block her off before she could break through the kitchen defenses. Now, she's too damn fast.

Worse yet, her intelligence has increased by leaps and bounds. When I blocked her path before, she would unsuccessfully try to crawl over my leg or body and become frustrated when she couldn't do so. Now, she simply turns and sprints for the other end of the couch to use the other entry. I'm all for having an intelligent baby, but it requires much more work than a dumb baby. I guess I'll have to count my blessings in that regard.

One other word of warning for anyone who happens to see Kali.......do not put your fingers near her mouth. Those new teeth will leave a mark and she hasn't figured out that they do damage yet. On a positive note, she's now eating dry cereal on her own. She's also eating oranges, but she doesn't fully eat them. She just chews the juice out of them and then leaves the leftover mangled pieces for Mrs. Lime and I to pick up. Playing the role of Kali's trash collector is a thankless job.