Monday, December 31, 2007

Carrots, carrots everywhere.............

I've been really worn out recently due to lots of guests over Christmas and taking care of Kali while she's been sick. Certainly, I reached the pinnacle of parenting yesterday. I was carrying Kali 0.10 out to the car. Just as we started to enter the garage, a cascade of carrots came out of my daughter's mouth. It was a very solid stream and managed to get just about every piece of her clothing and every piece of my clothing. Just to make sure the job was done right, she managed to somehow send out another large stream of carrots.

I handled it like a champ. I sat her down for a moment and ran into the kitchen to grab a roll of paper towels. I ended up stripping down to my underwear and I stripped Kali down to her diaper (which was the only thing that didn't have carrots covering it). I tossed the pile of carrot-flavored clothes into the washer and got that all cleaned up.

I was hoping to get a good night's sleep last night with Kali starting to feel better. Kali did a great job of sleeping through the night. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way that the sickness that Kali had was contageous. I was up at least every hour all night long, on my knees worshiping the porcelein god (otherwise known as the toilet). It has to be one of the most miserable feelings a person could endure. The morning after is nearly as bad, as you try to remain awake and avoid getting sick again.

This day is going to be an awfully long day. Hopefully, my stomach can settle down a bit and avoid a repeat performace like last night. I could really use a good rest. Perhaps a nap with Kali is in order when I get home.