Friday, December 28, 2007

Trashy snow..........

I'm amazed at how much trash is generated by a Christmas gathering. We had around 10-12 people at our house for Christmas. Out of that group, we managed to create 12 large bags of trash and 3 full recycle bins. Most of the recycled stuff was cardboard boxes.

I got some clothes that were much needed. I also got a new vacuum (hair from Mrs. Lime and the dog always seems to bust my vacuums, so I always need a new one). Toss in a TV and it was definitely a good Christmas.

I managed to drive my Mustang to work today on snow-packed roads. Slow and steady works just fine. Left it in 3rd gear and drove 30 MPH the whole way to work. I did have some issues getting up the last hill to get to the building where I work. The only two roads to get to the building are both uphill. Both were snow-packed this morning, which is brutal for rear-wheel drive vehicles. It took me 10 minutes to get up a 1/4 mile hill. I just kept the car moving and eventually I wiggled my way to the top of the hill.