Thursday, March 19, 2009

The spectacle begins anew..........

Without question, this is my favorite time of the year and today is probably my favorite day of the year.

Thanksgiving? Meh.

Christmas? It's OK.

Opening Day of the NCAA Tournament? Yes sir!!!!!!!

I'll be relegated to listening on the internet to the opening games this afternoon. But I'll be taking part of the day off tomorrow to watch the whole slate of games in the comfort of my own home (and to give Mrs. Lime the opportunity for a well-earned afternoon nap).

It's also wonderful to have Mizzou back in the tournament. While watching the tournament is fun regardless of who your favorite team is, the game takes on a whole new level of tension when you have a rooting interest. I remember how exciting it was when Mizzou made a run to the Elite 8 a few years ago. What I wouldn't give for another good tournament run. Go Tigers!