Friday, March 20, 2009

Trouble's a brewin'..........

Last night, we were sitting in the living room catching up on shows we had recorded on the DVR. Kali 2.1 was playing in the living room while Mrs. Lime and I were able to relax on the couch. Out of nowhere, Kali got a grumpy look on her face and looked towards us.

Kali: (grumpy) Time out! Two minutes!

Me: No, you don't have to go into time out.

Kali: (more grumpy) TIME OUT! TWO MINUTES!

Me: Are you putting yourself in timeout?

Kali: Nooooooooooo.

Me: OK.

Kali: (grumpy face returns) TIME OUT! TWO MINUTES!


This went on for some time, with her sitting down and standing back up while repeating "Time out! Two minutes!". For those that are unaware, we use time out with Kali. It works very well. She gets a minute of time out for each year, hence the reason that Kali 2.1 has 'two minutes' so firmly entrenched in her mind.

For the record, she overdramatized my reaction when I put her in time out. I don't look nearly as grumpy as she made me out to be in her rendition of what Daddy looks like when he puts her in timeout. But I give her an 'A' for creativity.