Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tuck-in time........

With Kali 2.1 now being in a bed rather than a crib, the bedtime routine has changed.

-One blanket is now no longer enough. In the crib, she always had me cover her up with her favorite blanket. There's now an addition to that routine. Per the usual, I cover her up with her favorite blanket. But now, she points to the base of the bed after the first one is in place and says 'another blanket'. So I have to put a second larger blanket on top of that one to satisfy her ever-increasing demands.

-In the crib, we'd give kisses before I laid her down in the crib. Now that routine is reversed. She lays down, gets her blankets in order, and THEN gets a kiss.

-She's been very excited about going to be lately. Before, it was just routine. Now, I think she believes it's the best place ever. Amazing what a fairy-themed bed can do to a child's thinking.