Thursday, November 05, 2009

Curious George.......

Kali 2.8 and I didn't have anything important to do last night. Mrs. Lime was working. I noticed that they were offering $12 tickets to the Curious George show at the Sprint Center. So Kali and I headed out for a daddy/daughter outing.

We went over to a big pub in the Power and Light District to grab some food. They had an attendant in the bathroom, which Kali thought was fantastic. He put soap on her hands, turned on the water for her, and gave her a paper towel. She tipped him for all his help. Kali had some Mac & Cheese and rice to eat. She managed to stay relatively clean. I managed to dump over a glass of pop. That's called role reversal.

I decided to buy the tickets at the arena. I looked online, but they were going to charge several 'convinience' charges that basically amounted to an extra $10 over the ticket price. Interestingly enough, the tickets I bought at the arena were actually 7 rows closer to the stage than the ones that were offered to me online 2 hours earlier. I'll file that knowledge away for safe keeping. When Elmo comes to town in January, I'll be buying my tickets at the arena.

Kali had a great time. She got a star wand to light up and swing around when the lights were off during the show. She spotted Curious George right away. It was somewhat like a mini-musical. Probably had 12-15 songs in a show that was no more than 80-90 minutes. Tons of color, lights, fog machines, and confetti. Everything a kid would want in a show.

We got into the car and Kali was asleep within 5 minutes. That's usually a clear sign that Daddy did his job well.