Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Learning the English language........

Kali 2.8 is doing a great job of working on her various verbal and learning skills, but the nuances of the English language are still eluding her at this point. Last night, Kali and I got into a tickle fight (which she always loses). After receiving a good tickle and crying uncle, Kali said, "You're doing funny things to me, Daddy!". Of course, she meant that I was doing something that made her laugh, but the context to most of us would be something totally different depending on the situation.

When we were finished with our tickle fight, we had the following exchange.......

Me: OK, tickle fight's all done.

Kali: OK!

Me: Time to make up with each other.

Kali: No, I no make up! Mommy is the only one that puts on my make-up. Not you Daddy!

Can't disagree with that.