Thursday, November 12, 2009

Outdoor cooking.........

My grandfather was in town the other day. While we were out, I decided to take him along to help me pick out a new barbecue grill. Nice little toy with 4 main burners and a side burner. It's just nice to have something that allows for quick cooking and relatively easy clean-up.

Kali 2.9 thought it was great that we had our own hamburger cooker in the backyard. She used it as an excuse to drag me over to the swing set for a few minutes on the swing before the burgers needed to be flipped again. Tinkerbell 1.1 thought it was great because everyone was hanging out in the backyard where she loves to lay around for hours and chew on sticks/bones/etc.

Burgers were pretty good. I made turkey burgers. They're tough to keep moist, but they cook pretty easily otherwise. Kali proceeded to eat everything on her plate EXCEPT the burger. She didn't eat any of it until she finally decided that she'd eat it with some ranch dressing. Whatever floats her boat, I suppose.