Friday, March 10, 2006

Oh, well. There's always next year.......

I'm sure some of you might remember the pride that I had in my Missouri Tigers after a big win against their arch rivals in January. Since that point in time, they managed to win 2 games and lose 11 games over the rest of the season. In addition, their coach was fired and their AD is currently hated by most of the donors and curators at MU. Obviously disheartening.

So, I'm left to hope for the future. I hope that we get a good coach that can maximize our players' potential. I hope that the AD moves on to a new job in the near future (there are rumors that he is considering just that). And most of all, I hope that we get a roster full of kids that play for the name on the front of the jersey and not on the back of the jersey. Thankfully, we have until October to put the team back together. I'm hoping for the best.

In case you were wondering, the above picture is the Mizzou basketball team from 1907, one of the very early years of basketball at Mizzou.