Thursday, March 02, 2006

Tips from golf lessons....

I'm just putting these tips in my blog so I don't forget what I was taught at my lessons over the past two days. If anyone wants to peek when I get home, I have a full booklet with many useful tips.

Full Swing:

1. Angle upper body back.
2. Cock Arms at 90 degrees and delay release as long as possible before impact.
3. Rotate arms hard through impact, varying rotation to hit hook/fade.
4. If your swing gets too vertical, hover club over the ball and swing to miss the ball, then put that same swing on the ball.

Chipping:

1. 80/20 front weight distribution.
2. Keep hands solid.
3. Always use less loft than you thing you need to avoid mishits.

Pitch:

1. DON'T DECELERATE!
2. Square to the target, 60/40 front weight distribution
3. Only use lob wedge, Pitching wedge not enough loft.
4. For flops, put ball even with front toe and open slightly. Double swing compared to usual swing.