Friday, March 31, 2006

Trouble on the haircut front......

As those of you who regularly read the blog know, my wife's gay hairdresser was dismissed from his position for doing his best impersonation of Cheech and Chong at his place of employment. As a result, there were only two females workers left to do the job.

Yesterday, I dropped by for the usual 'shearing' of my hair that had grown way too long. I have a habit of letting the hair go totally out of control before I get it cut partially because I'm lazy and partially because I'm a cheapskate. When I got to the salon, there's a new haircutter in the place. Cute girl who wore high heels. My question is why someone would ever wear heels to a job where they have to stand up all day? Good lord.

I mentioned our Vegas trip to the girls. Told them that it was relatively cheap for flight and hotel. They all agreed they needed to go out there. None of the three had ever been to Vegas before. In addition, one of them mentioned that an annual 'hair care' convention is held in Vegas. She thought maybe they could go then and treat it as a business trip. My mind immediately created a visual of thousands of hair stylists in Vegas all at once. I don't know exactly what it would be like, but there were a lot of really bad haircuts in my visualization of the situation.

At the end, I head up to pay and, *gasp*, the price of a haircut has gone up!!!!! $30.00?????? Good lord. I paid the increased rate and managed a smile, but this is definitely another strike against the stylist in the 'stylist vs. barber' debate that I had earlier in my blog. She's going to have to do even more work now to exceed the positives of the barber experience. I may look like a wolf-man by the time I head back for another haircut. Obviously, I have to make sure that I get my money's worth out of this $30 (!) haircut.