Friday, August 04, 2006

My moral dilemma in the bathroom......

I walked into the bathroom today at work for the obvious reasons that you walk into a bathroom. There's two urinals in the men's bathroom along with a couple of stalls. I noticed that the blind man that works on our floor was taking a leak at one of the urinals. I walked up to the other urinal to do my business as well.

After a couple of seconds, I heard a slightly different splashing noise than what I had heard before. I looked down at my feet and noticed that the blind guy was evidently missing the urinal and was peeing on the floor. Of course, this presents quite a quandary for me. I'm busying going to the bathroom, so I obviously can't retreat from the urinal without pissing on the floor myself. I thought about saying something, but I don't want to embarrass a blind guy who's only fault is not being able to see his target.

Thankfully, he was nearly done when he started missing the urinal. He stopped peeing, not even knowing that he had left part of his waste on the floor. I finished up as quickly as possible and backed off to avoid stepping in anything. I went over and washed my hands. The blind guy walks up to the sink, unfazed by what just occurred, and said hello to me. I just smiled and said hello, never knowing whether the poor guy knew that he just peed all over the bathroom floor.