Thursday, August 17, 2006

Roadway mess......

Saw an unfortunate situation on the highway the other day. I was driving down a 4 lane highway in the area. Suddenly, the pace of traffic slowed down to a crawl. After about a mile or so going very slowly, I noticed on the right side of the road that there was a car with their hazard lights on. At that point, I'm thinking, "Good Lord, all of this traffic for a stalled car on the side of the road????".

As I got closer, I notice that the car had a flat tire. Certainly a bad thing, but nothing that should cause this bad of a back-up. Then, in front of that car, I saw another car with a flat tire as well. Hmmmmm........

By the time I finished passing by all the cars, there were 12 cars on the side of the road with flat tires. 2 of them had ALL 4 tires flat and a couple of the other ones had at least 2 tires flat. Evidently, someone had some sharp objects come off of their truck or trailer and they went all over the roadway, resulting in a ton of busted tires. I made sure to follow the tires of the car in front of me as closely as possible, hoping that anything that might have been left on the road would get stuck in their tires and not get my tires. Thankfully, I made it through without incident.